Updated 24th September 2018
Dance Revival (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the data controller is Dance Revival Dance.
Dance Revival is committed to ensuring that your privacy & data is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Dance Revival promise not to sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
Dance Revival does not store banking, credit or debit card details whatsoever. We will never notify you by email or text of a change in our bank details. If you have any doubts whatsoever please do contact our offices immediately.
This policy is effective from 10th July 2012 and was revised on 9th February 2018 to encompass the General Data Protection Regulation.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- The information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.dancerevival.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include;
- Full Name & Title
- Contact information including; Address, Email address & Telephone Number
- Any medical condition that may affect your ability or enjoyment of your dance lesson.
We do not collect, use or disclose sensitive personal data, such as race, religion, or political affiliations.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
• information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We work with third parties (including, for example, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
The information you give to us. We will use this information:
- For Internal record keeping.
• We will use Mailchimp, a US Email provider, to send you a monthly informational & promotional email about our new classes special offers or other information relevant to the world of dance which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided us.
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
• to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
• If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by e-mail with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer we will contact you by email only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
• to notify you about changes to our service;
• to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you.We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing and statistical purposes;
• to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so;
• as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
• to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and the information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
· Who has access to my information? Dance Revival personnel have access to your personal information only to manage the business.
- How long will you hold my Data?
- We will only hold your personal information for a maximum of 24 months following your last attendance. All data will be promptly & permanently erased thereafter.
· We will hold your email address only within Mailchimp until you choose to Unsubscribe. You are able to immediately Unsubscribe and be forgotten at any time by clicking the Unsubscribe link included at the base of every email we send you.
· Payment Information. Your payment information, Debit or credit card details, provided when you make a purchase from our website is not received by or stored by us. That information is processed securely and privately by the third party payment processors that we use. Dance Revival will not have access to that information at any time. We may share your personal data with our payment processors, but only for the purpose of completing the relevant payment transaction. Such payment processors are banned from using your personal data, except to provide these necessary payment services to us, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your personal data and payment information.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
· Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
· Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
· If Dance Revival Dance School or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Where we have given you a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information, request your personal information is corrected or choose to be completely forgotten in the following ways:
You are able to immediately Unsubscribe and be forgotten from our monthly emails at any time by clicking the Unsubscribe link included at the base of every email we send you.
Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by us for email marketing purposes
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for email marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at Contact Us or by clicking the Unsubscribe link included at the base of every email we send you.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you.
Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulations. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us at [email protected]
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us at the above address or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We will respond promptly to all Subject Access Requests and within 30 days.
AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING AND PROFILING
Dance Revival does not have any automated systems in place that makes a decision on your data without personal intervention or conduct profiling of any nature.
RIGHT TO COMPLAIN
You have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you think there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.